A lot of debate has been going on about the gluten free foods. The myth is that it can help with a healthy life style which is not entirely true. I have been looking into this extensiviely, I have discovered:
– lot of gluten free foods are actually very high in fat as opposed to non gluten ones. I have researched this when shopping for foods, looking at labels.
– having read articles and watched a number of tv programmes on the subject, one of the findings they all have in common is that; gluten free foods is only suitable for those with wheat intolerance or celeraic disease.
– not recommended as a long term lifestyle unless those with the above or following recommendation from your doctor or nutritionist.
– the experts recommend you choose foods that work for you, not follow a fad diet. As always seek medical advice before embarking on a change of a lifestyle.
– do a food allergy/tolerance test
I have always ( and will continue to) maintained our bodies are not the same, just because one diet works for Joella Bloggs doesn’t mean it will do the same for you, it is very important to make wise decisions now so as to aviod health problems later.